jobs in education sector
A compilation of job opportunities in the education sector within the Global Partnership for Education as well as in other organizations
Explore how GPE is giving millions of children the opportunity to learn.
- up to 30 days annual leave and 9 days public and privilege leave in a year (pro rata for part time staff)
- maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave of up to 28 weeks full pay, followed by 11 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
- time off to deal with emergencies, unexpected situations and other unplanned special circumstances
- paid time off for public service duties – for example, if you’re an armed forces reservist
- family friendly policies, including flexible working patterns
- flexible working hours, subject to business needs
Employee benefits and rewards include:
This workforce is highly educated and university education is often required. Just 9% of workers are aged 15 to 24 years, due largely to the time taken to gain the required qualifications.
Education and Training is a large and fast growing industry. A significant share is female (72%) and part-time work is common (39% of jobs). Almost two thirds of workers in this industry are Professionals (62%).