how to delete hangout photos in mobile
Once in a conversation, users can tap on the contact’s name in the top-left corner. Underneath “Hide conversation” is the ability to “Delete conversation,” which Google warns is permanent. However, “other participants can still view this conversation.”
This is the second feature for Hangouts Chat direct messaging in recent weeks. Users can already quickly turn conversation history on/off right in the text field. In this mode, sent messages are deleted after 24 hours.
Ever since Google Talk has been updated to Hangouts, users have been able to send pictures to each other over chat, making it easier to hold conversations that include transfer of images. It has now come to notice that the images you share over these Hangout conversations end up in your Google+ Photos section as a separate album.
If you have transferred images over Hangouts with your family and friends over the last few days after the upgrade, you can simply navigate to the “Photos” section on your Google+ profiles and then to the “Albums” section. Images you’ve shared over Hangouts will be stored here conversation-wise. Even if you click on the photo within the chat box, it will open up a Google+ window in your browser in order to display the larger image.
You can also delete it by following this method.
1. On your computer, open the Google Album Archive with your Hangouts account.
2. Click Photos from Hangouts.
3. Select the album with the photos you want to delete.
4. Click the photo that you want to delete.
5. At the top, click More Delete photo.
6. To delete the album, open the album and click More Delete album.
While many chat apps and services allow you to delete a message, unfortunately Google Hangouts doesn’t. That is, unless you have the paid ‘enterprise’ version known as Hangouts Chat which comes as part of the G Suite service offered by Google to businesses and schools
Both of these methods will only work to delete the history of a private conversation between you and a single contact. You can’t delete group chats; you can only leave the group. Again, this won’t delete the conversation from your contact’s side of the chat.
- If you don’t see the “Delete Photo” option, select “Manage in Google Photos” from the drop down menu. (Your personal Google photos and the ones you share in Hangouts are all stored in the Google album archive.)
2. Select the album with the photo that you want to delete.